RFM membership: granting you access to a vast network of industry services, events and contacts.
Join us today by downloading and completing the RFM Application Form.
Based in the heart of the UK rail industry, RFM represents a community of nearly 200 member companies from all areas of the industry. Being part of this vast network of industry leaders together with their businesses, specialist professional services and research and academic facilities provides Rail Forum members with an extensive list of benefits:
• RFM connects member companies and prospective clients via a series of supplier and networking events throughout each year.
• RFM encourages collaboration, especially between SMEs, providing access to a wider range of business opportunities for members.
• RFM ensures members’ views on issues that directly impact their businesses are heard by local and national government.
• RFM provides a respected and influential voice to key stakeholders providing access to policy and decision makers.
• RFM works to ensure potential clients and key stakeholders understand the comprehensive capability and potential of our members’ rail related offerings.
• Member companies are featured on the RFM’s numerous social media, email marketing and website platforms; proven to effectively promote members’ capabilities.
• Relevant members are also featured on the ReshoringUK website through our partnership with
• Members have the opportunity to raise their profile by working in association with the Rail Forum team on prestigious events.
• RFM provides opportunities for members to join together to jointly exhibit and take part in key rail exhibitions.
People and skills
• RFM is working with the National Skills Academy for Rail, Rail Supply Group and Rail Delivery Group to address the skills and workforce diversity challenges faced by our members to ensure they have access to a talent pool that will enable them to develop a sustainable, capable workforce.
• We are leading a number of initiatives including schools engagement, college/employer partnerships and the development of shared apprenticeship recruitment and delivery models. These initiatives directly support our members and provide opportunities for companies to demonstrate their commitment to the skills and diversity agenda.
• RFM provides members with easy access to relevant information that puts them in a stronger position to win business.
Member companies also receive:
- Two free tickets to the prestigious RFM Annual Conference.
- Two free tickets to the annual Parliamentary Reception at the House of Commons.
- Access to ALL our events throughout the year, most of which are free of charge.
- 10% discount on tickets to the “Dinner at the Roundhouse” annual industry dinner.
- 15% discount on Railhub subscription: a unique digital resource about the industry in Great Britain.
- 10% discount on Railnews subscription.
- Discount on selected exhibition stands.
- Opportunity to join forces with other RFM member organisations to share costs, space and resources at major events such as Railtex.
- Invitations to events run by our equivalent organisations in other industries.
- Opportunity to host VIP and government visits.
- Other specific offers and discounts from time to time.
“The rail forum holds some first-class events that has allowed me to meet people at all levels, backgrounds and experience in the railway industry. This has led to many enquiries and useful contacts within the industry. You get out of it what you put in, but well worth the money!”
David Brookes, Business Development Manager at Elite KL Limited.
“Elastacloud joined the Rail Forum very recently following a recommendation. Having opened our Derby office in 2016, we are keen to make new contacts in the local area, and plan to use the Rail Forum events, network and online platform to help achieve this.
We immediately became involved in a major rail supply chain event which introduced us to a very exciting prospective customer.
Furthermore, we joined the Rail Forum team on their stand at Railtex 2017 earlier in the year, and are involved in the planning of a Professional Services Showcase event”.
Gary Hunter, Business Development Manager at Elastacloud.
Rail Forum Midlands has nearly 200 members.
Not sure if membership is for you? Then to simply have a chat or to find out more please contact Cat@midlandsrail.co.uk