RFM membership provides access to a vast network of industry services, events and contacts.
Join us today by downloading and completing the RFM Membership Application Form 2020-2021 or via our online form
Based in the heart of the UK rail industry, RFM represents a community of over 200 member companies from across the UK and all areas of the industry. Being part of this vast network of industry leaders together with their businesses, specialist professional services and research and academic facilities provides Rail Forum members with an extensive list of benefits:
• RFM connects member companies and prospective clients via a series of supplier and networking events throughout each year.
• RFM encourages collaboration, especially between SMEs, providing access to a wider range of business opportunities for members.
• RFM ensures members’ views on issues that directly impact their businesses are heard by local and national government.
• RFM provides a respected and influential voice to key stakeholders providing access to policy and decision makers.
• RFM works to ensure potential clients and key stakeholders understand the comprehensive capability and potential of our members’ rail related offerings.
• Member companies are featured on the RFM’s numerous social media, email marketing and website platforms; proven to effectively promote members’ capabilities.
• Relevant members are also featured on the ReshoringUK website through our partnership with
• Members have the opportunity to raise their profile by working in association with the Rail Forum team on prestigious events.
• RFM provides opportunities for members to join together to jointly exhibit and take part in key rail exhibitions.
People and skills
• RFM is working with the National Skills Academy for Rail, Rail Supply Group and Rail Delivery Group to address the skills and workforce diversity challenges faced by our members to ensure they have access to a talent pool that will enable them to develop a sustainable, capable workforce.
• We are leading a number of initiatives including schools engagement, college/employer partnerships and the development of shared apprenticeship recruitment and delivery models. These initiatives directly support our members and provide opportunities for companies to demonstrate their commitment to the skills and diversity agenda.
• RFM provides members with easy access to relevant information that puts them in a stronger position to win business.
Member companies also receive:
- Two free tickets to the prestigious RFM Annual Conference.
- Two free tickets to the annual Parliamentary Reception at the House of Commons.
- Access to ALL our events throughout the year, most of which are free of charge.
- 10% discount on tickets to the “Dinner at the Roundhouse” annual industry dinner.
- 10% discount on Railnews subscription.
- Discount on selected exhibition stands including RSN Events.
- Opportunity to join forces with other RFM member organisations to share costs, space and resources at major events such as Railtex.
- Invitations to events run by our equivalent organisations in other industries.
- Opportunity to host VIP and government visits.
- Other specific offers and discounts from time to time.
Download our Benefits document which provides a detailed listing of all the benefits for each of the membership grades and a handy table comparing them all.
Rail Forum are an invaluable support to CHH as we continue to grow in the Rail sector. Elaine and the Rail Forum team are by far the most proactive and pragmatic association we are members of and that is why we have upgraded our membership to Silver level. If you are serious about working in rail, you should join Rail Forum
Tim Hughes, Managing Director, CHH Conex
Garrandale joined the RFM several years ago, our primary goal was to network. Fast forward to 2020 and we realise that the Rail Forum Midlands is so much more than that. They provide invaluable, regular and comprehensive support & information regarding the Rail industry. Effortlessly connecting their members and challenging the likes of train builders and the government to ensure that SME’s have a voice and fairness within our industry. Their resilience and passion has been highlighted further during these unprecedented times. RFM reacted immediately moving to regular video conferences and discussing key topics with industry specialists as part of our membership to name a few. Garrandale are proud to members.
Sara Pierrepont, Head of Sales, Garrandale
Rail Forum Midlands has over 200 members across the UK.
Not sure if membership is for you? Then to simply have a chat or to find out more please contact Cat@midlandsrail.co.uk