Date(s) - March 14 2016 - March 18 2016
UKTI Yorkshire and the Humber will be leading a multi-centre Trade Mission in Germany to establish links between UK Rail Sector Companies and Deutsche Bahn, its subsidiaries, and its supply chain.
Germany is the largest single overseas market for UK rail supply companies and Deutsche Bahn (DB), the state operated major provider, is:
• No. 1 in rail freight transport in Europe – 5100 trains daily
• No. 1 in rail infrastructure in Europe – 34,000km
• No. 1 in the operation of stations in Europe – 5700 in total; 100 modernised annually
• Transports 4 million people daily
• Spends Euro 1 billion annually on maintenance
• 370 different railway companies use their network
• Germany’s biggest cycle rental company
By 2017 Deutsche Bahn will invest Euro 32 billion – two thirds in infrastructure and one third in traction and rolling stock . There will be an annual purchasing volume in excess of Euro 30 billion.
RFM members are encouraged to consider whether they might benefit from taking part in this mission. For more details see Deutsche Bahn Trade Mission Flyer