Date(s) - Jun 27, 2018 - Jun 28, 2018
7:00pm - 4:00pm
Residence of the British Ambassador
The Department for International Trade invites you to the UK Rail Mission to Vienna on the 28th June 2018.
This event will enable you to meet potential new buyers from rolling stock manufacturers as well train operators from Austria. Buyers from neighbouring markets (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia) are also invited to join the event.
This is an opportunity to showcase your products and services, and possibly win lucrative new contracts. Click here to apply.
Reasons to attend the event:
1. Despite being a small market, Austria has a very strong and innovative rail sector and the country ranks fifth in exports of railway vehicles and associated equipment.
2. The Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) employs 3,900 staff in its 25 workshops where vehicles are being assembled, maintained, overhauled and reconditioned.
3. The Siemens Mobility plant in Vienna is one of the biggest manufacturing sites of Siemens worldwide (140,000 sqm, out of which 84,000 sqm production area). 1,200 employees are manufacturing up to 450 vehicles/year and also processing aluminium, steel and stainless steel
4. Siemens Austria and the ÖBB have confirmed their attendance. Buyers from neighbouring countries in CEE (Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland) are also invited to attend the event.
DAY ONE: Wednesday, 27th June 2018
PM Participants fly to Vienna
19.00 Networking dinner for all participants in traditional Austrian restaurant
DAY TWO: Thursday, 28th June 2018 Vienna
Venue: British Embassy, Jauresgasse 12, 1030 Vienna
9.00 Registration & Coffee
09.30 Opening address by Leigh Turner CMG, British Ambassador to Austria
09.45 Austrian Buyers presenting current projects & supply side needs
11.00 1-2-1 meetings between buyers and UK companies
12.30 Lunch provided in the Ambassador’s Residence
13.30 1-2-1 meetings between buyers and UK companies
Why not to miss out on this event:
• DIT Meet the Buyer events are a perfect opportunity for UK companies to meet buyers from different markets and to learn more about business opportunities overseas.
• Once you registered for this event, we will submit your company profile to our Austrian and CEE partners who will choose which UK companies they would like to meet.
• This should ensure that you will have meetings with companies who have a genuine interest in your offerings
Carina Gastelsberger Trade Advisor, DIT Austria carina.gastelsberger@mobile .trade.gov.uk +43 (0) 1 716 13 6251
11th May 2018
£440 (excl. VAT)
All travel and accommodation costs to be met by participants.