Date(s) - Dec 14, 2016
8:30am - 5:30pm
This December, the Railway Brake and Friction Conference is set to bring together experts from industry, regulatory authorities and research institutions to discuss strategies for optimising brake systems in the railway sector.
The following companies have already confirmed their participation:- Bombardier, Transport for London, DB Systemtechnik, Federal-Mogul Corporation, FH Aachen University of Applied Sciences, International Union of Railways, European Railway Agency and China Academy of Railway Science.
This conference aims to maximise your chances of building relationships with buyers, sellers, policy makers and technical experts.
Topics that will be covered during the conference include:
– Braking adhesion management and improvement
– Regulatory information from European Railway Agency on the application of EU regulation to existing freight wagons
– Brake system technology for high speed trains: lessons from China
– Find out how London Underground is harnessing the power of regenerative braking
– Learn about the WAG TSI requirements on the interoperability constituent friction element for friction wheel tread brakes
– A presentation from International Union of Railways on replacing cast iron brake shoes with composite brake blocks
– Parameters and stochastic behaviour of braking force generation and transmission
– How friction materials can benefit the bottom line
– Generating predictable and optimised braking
– New developments in braking systems
Standard tickets are £325 (plus booking fee). Early bird tickets are available for £255 (plus booking fee) until September 15th.
For an exclusive RFEM member 15% discount, email: firstname.lastname@example.org