Date(s) - Jan 29, 2018 - Jan 30, 2018
UK railway suppliers are invited to join a Department for International Trade (DIT) trade mission to Taiwan in January to meet key players and find out about opportunities in the railway sector.
In July 2017, the Taiwan government announced that a special budget will be allocated to speed up major infrastructure development plans over the next 4 years, with more than 50% of the total set aside for rail development. Together with the regular rail budget already allocated, Taiwan government will spend a total of NTD956 billion (approx. £24 billion) to deliver 38 major rail projects in Taiwan over the next 4 years.
The projects are double track work and electrification projects for Taiwan Railway Administration (TRA) East line and asset management projects for TRA’s infrastructure by adopting intelligent monitoring system. In addition, there will be a major maintenance programme of signalling upgrades for traditional railway with a total value of £2 billion. New metro lines and extension lines are in Taoyuan, Taichung and Kaohsiung. Light rail lines are in Hsinchu and Tainan.
We plan to have an outward mission to Taiwan to have workshops with Taiwan railway authorities (both mainline and metro) who are the key decision makers to execute railway projects in Taiwan. UK companies can meet these railway authorities to present their capability and to get first hand project information for the potential business opportunities.
Benefits of attending:
- Present to mainline and metro railway authorities and operators
- Visit to a local city who have a rail network and station development plan, to learn more about their future strategies
- Networking reception with Taiwanese businesses and officials
Sunday 28 January
- Arrive Taipei
Monday 29 January
- Workshop with railway mainline authority and operator including -Taiwan Railway Administration, Railway Reconstruction Bureau and High Speed Rail Bureau
- Networking Reception with railway authorities and industry
Tuesday 30 January
- Workshop with Metro authorities/operators including Taipei Rapid Transit System, Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation and other Cities Metro authorities and operators.
- Visit to a local city who have a rail network and station development plans.
There will be a cost of £450 plus VAT per company (£330 DIT OMIS charge and £120 management fee.) Limit 2 delegates per company. Delegates will be responsible for their own flight bookings and hotel costs; a detailed programme and schedule will be provided. Delegates will be accommodated at the Madison Hotel in Taipei, a special rate of approximately £125 per night has been arranged, including buffet breakfast and Wi-FI. This event is open to all UK companies, including those with local officers in the region: advance booking required, before 3 January 2018 or until the mission is full.
Click here to register.
For further information:
Contact Neil Walker at the Railway Industry Association E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 020 7201 0777