Date(s) - Oct 10, 2019
8:00am - 11:30am
William Duesbury Suite – Holiday Inn
If you are looking to do business in Japan, then this free event is an excellent place to start. The morning will provide information on the opportunities and challenges for UK companies interested in trading with this dynamic market.
Japan boasts the third largest economy in the world with a cutting edge business culture and an increasingly globalised outlook, and with both the 2019 Rugby World Cup and Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games on the horizon, the potential for British businesses is huge.
This free event will offer:
• Practical tips on exporting to Japan and how to maximise the opportunities
• Provide insights into how to access the market
• Highlight the sources of support for businesses looking to export
• Hear from Derbyshire companies who have taken the leap and started their Japanese export
journey. They have, will you?
• Learn about the unique relationship between Derbyshire and Toyota City, and ways in which the
Derbyshire businesses can be supported, including a presence at the Toyota Business Fair,
Attend the workshops:
There will also be the opportunity to attend interactive workshops covering:
• Ecommerce, and how to sell your goods online in Japan
• Top tips on the successful shipment of goods to Japan
• Japanese business etiquette
Meet the experts, and more:
The event includes a panel Q&A session, networking and an exhibition, providing you with an opportunity to meet:
Steve Crane – CEO of Business Link Japan
Rob Gorton – Toyota Manufacturing UK
Rachel Morley – Spatial Global
Sharon McCarthy – Department for International Trade
Laura Howard – East Midlands Chamber
Businesses currently exporting to Japan
Click here to secure your free place today. Please note that your place is not guaranteed until you receive confirmation from us.
For any other enquiries contact the Department for International Trade East Midlands at events@tradeEM.co.uk or call 0345 052 4001.