Date(s) - July 19 2021
11:00am - 12:00pm
This event will take place online.
On behalf of the Rail Supply Group the Rail Forum is leading on the Midlands Pilots workstream as part of the Rail Sector Deal. This workstream comprises two ‘pilots’; one of which is focussed on identifying opportunities for SMEs to collaborate to solve real ‘challenges’ and respond to opportunities provided by clients.
The third of the SME challenges again focuses on the freight industry and in particular Depot Digitalisation and Sustainability which will be officially launched at this event.
DB Cargo is the challenge lead client. They have their main depot facilities in Toton, Stoke and Crewe along with smaller depots across the UK
The scope is far reaching with the focus on working smarter, not harder. Opportunities include:
- Digitally monitoring vehicle movements and work flow within the depot
- Depot emissions monitoring
- Intelligent lighting and heating
- On-site renewable energy sources
- Asset mapping and health checks
- Increased automation within the depot processes
The event will provide further details on the scope of the challenge together with additional information on the process, timeframes and how to get involved. The agenda is
- Welcome and background to the RSG Rail Sector Deal SME Challenges (Elaine Clark – RFM)
- Introduction to DB Cargo and the ‘DB Cargo challenge’ (Steve Ball – DB Cargo)
- Challenge Process and Key Dates (Bob Hodgson – RFM)
- Q & A and Next Steps
Key Dates are:
- Launch event: Monday 19th July
- Visit to DB Cargo Stoke depot; Wednesday 28th July
- Visit to DB Cargo Toton depot; Friday 30th July
- Submission date for ideas*: Friday 20th August
- Selection of ideas for Dragon’s Den by: Friday 27th August
- Dragons Den (first session): Wednesday 15th September
- Dragon’s Den (second session depending on the number of ideas presented): Tuesday 21st September
- DB Cargo to select ideas to take forward – Friday 1st October
* all submissions must be made using the standard template SME Depot Digitalisation and Sustainability Challenge Written submission – coming soon
To find out more about the challenge and to get involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings will close at midday on Thursday 15 July and joining information will be sent out during the afternoon.
Bookings are closed for this event.