Date(s) - June 3 2021
3:00pm - 4:30pm
This event will take place online.
Whole Industry Strategic Plan (WISP)
Some of you will be aware that work has already begun on a 30 year strategy for the industry; this was mentioned in the recent Williams-Shapps Plan for Rail and is known as the WISP. Earlier in the Spring we were asked to support the Rolling Stock Strategy workstream and we established a ‘shadow advisory’ group of supply chain members to help us. We now have an opportunity to bring our wider membership up to speed with work on this aspect of the WISP. This is a joint briefing for RFM and RIA members and will include a member-only discussion to hear your initial views and feedback.
The briefing session will cover:
15:00 – 16:00 – Network Rail WISP Team Briefing and Q&A:
- The Whole Industry Strategic Plan – James Waight will cover scope, timings, consultation and where Rolling Stock fits in.
- Rolling Stock – Rich Fisher will cover technical capability and traction. Initial questions from the WISP team.
- Rolling Stock accessibility – Alison Smith will cover seeking technology solutions.
- Building a sustainable Rolling Stock supply chain. WISP team initial thinking and plans for engagement.
16:00 – 16:30 – Discussion
- Initial views on challenges and opportunities.
The session will be hosted on MS Teams and members who would like to attend are asked to register below so that we can forward the link for the meeting to you. On this occasion we will not be issuing a delegate list for the event as RIA are also taking registrations for the event.
Please note bookings will close at 6pm on 2nd June and the link for the meeting will be issued on morning of 3rd June.
Bookings are closed for this event.