RFM is based at the heart of one of the largest clusters of rail companies in the world
We support our members by:
- providing unrivalled networking opportunities
- facilitating collaborative stands at trade exhibitions
- hosting topical workshops and seminars
- offering a broad range of events across each calendar year – from business focused breakfast sessions to social and charity network events
- providing a collective voice for members and promoting the industry to a global market
- acting as an honest broker with key clients
- driving and co-ordinating Midlands region school engagement and skills development initiatives to ensure members can access the skills they need for the future
- providing specific opportunities for members to work collaboratively to secure new business
- supporting inward and outward trade missions and export initiatives.
RFM has close links with Midlands Connect, local councils, Local Enterprise Partnerships, Department for International Trade and other industry groups and stakeholders, including close co-operation agreements with the Railway Industry Association (RIA), the Rail Freight Group (RFG) and the Civil Engineering Contractor’s Association (CECA). We also have a strategic relationship with MakeUK providing our members with affiliate MakeUK status and access to certain activities and events.
RFM actively supports ReshoringUK which promotes the UK supply chain capability to major clients across numerous key sectors.
RFM has a number of strategic priorities and activities which are aligned with the Rail Supply Group and demonstrate the rail industry’s commitment to delivering the Rail Sector Deal. For more information click here.
Supporting Our Charities
The rail industry has a long tradition of supporting, and benefitting from, a number of charities and we at RFM are proud to work with our members to ‘give something back’. Each year we support one or more of the following charities through events such as our Annual Charity Golf Day and our Annual Christmas Lunch. By getting involved as a member you are able to add your support for these charities as part of your Corporate Social Responsibility agenda.