Porterbrook is delighted to be recognised in the Investors in People Awards 2020, winning an Employee Engagement Award.
In a difficult year, this award recognises Porterbrook’s continued commitment to employee wellbeing and community engagement. Employees have always been at the heart of Porterbrook’s business and this year has been no different. Innovative initiatives to keep employees connected whilst maintaining essential social distancing measures have been key to maintaining team spirit.
Kate North, Head of HR at Porterbrook, said: “We are incredibly proud to have received the Investors in People’s award for Employee Engagement. Not being able to come together in person this year has made active initiatives for employee engagement more important than ever.
“Our HR and support teams have worked hard to ensure that employees across the business feel involved and informed during this challenging time. I remain committed to ensuring that our approach to employee engagement sets a consistently high standard so that Porterbrook remains a truly great place to work.”
Investors in People was founded in 1991 and helps companies, leaders and employees work together to create better, more productive workplaces. In recognising Porterbrook with the Employee Engagement Award for companies with up to 249 employees, the judges noted Porterbrook’s evolving strategy during the Covid-19 pandemic to keep employees engaged and focus both on their wellbeing and that of the local community.
– ENDS –
Rupert Brennan Brown, Director of Stakeholder Engagement
Rupert@porterbrook.co.uk or +44 (0)7973 950 923
Financial or corporate PR enquiries can also be directed to:
James Isola, Partner
James McFarlane, Partner
firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7379 5151
- Porterbrook has been at the heart of the UK rail network for over 25 years and currently owns almost a third of the national passenger rail fleet
- The company currently has almost 4,500 vehicles on lease or on order. Since privatisation, it has invested £3bn in 2,500 new passenger and freight vehicles, and is aiming to invest over £1bn in UK rail over the coming years
- Porterbrook works with a significant number of UK companies across the rail supply chain, investing £3 million per week and supporting around 7,000 UK jobs
- The company is also spending tens of millions of pounds in a significant upgrade of its fleets to reduce carbon emissions and improve air quality over the coming years
- Porterbrook employs over 150 people of which three quarters are engineers and project managers. In addition, over a third of the company’s workforce is female including a number of our executive team which compares favourably to the UK rail industry average of 16% (source: Women In Rail)
- In October 2014, the Porterbrook Group of companies was acquired by a consortium of investors including Alberta Investment Management Corporation (“AIMCo”), Allianz Capital Partners (“ACP”) on behalf of certain insurance companies of the Allianz Group, EDF Invest and a consortium of Utilities Trust of Australia (“UTA”), The Infrastructure Fund (“TIF”) and Royal Bank of Scotland Group Pension Fund (“RBS”)