Yesterdays RFM member event “Practical Procurement in Infrastructure” took place in the prestigious MakeUK Hub in Birmingham with a huge line up of speakers tackling opportunities, portals and bid writing.
28 member companies attended this flagship event and welcomed speakers:
- Ken Blackley, Network Rail
- Robert Vaughan, Department for Transport
- Dale Cox and Rob Slater, HS2
- Stuart Bosley, Quinn Infrastructure
- Mark Walker, Costain
- Sadia Ahmad, Highways England
- Claire Young and David Robertson, CompeteFor
- Sean Smith, Cabinet Office (Contracts Finder)
- Gillian Scott, RSSB
- Joe Whalen, Railway Project Services
This event was a continuation from the Network Rail Bravo briefing last year, focussing on supporting member awareness of opportunities together with raising capability for tendering activity with particular focus on portals and bid writing.
It is clear that the SME agenda is front and centre and the focus on joined up activity across key parties of Network Rail, Highways England and Department for Transport is very encouraging. We look forward to supporting this ongoing activity on behalf of our members.
Our thanks to our sponsors MakeUK and Quinn Infrastructure.
See our gallery for images of the day.