Illiam Costain McCade, Deputy Chief Executive of RFM member company Cogitamus Limited, writes:
Earlier this week, Transport for London issued a tender notice for what is undoubtedly the largest Engineering Consultancy Framework in the UK.
The Framework Agreement establishes a mechanism to procure engineering consultancy services for Transport for London (TfL), The Greater London Authority (GLA), and all 32 London borough councils and the City of London.
It is part of a suite of Professional Services Frameworks and is TfL’s primary means of accessing engineering, planning and project management support and expertise from the external supply chain.
The framework covers a broad range of service areas from rail engineering, project management, transport infrastructure and rolling stock, signalling, raiborne equipment, depot engineering, plant and equipment – through to audits and surveys, obsolescence management, and horticultural technical expertise.
The tender notice details 64 separate lots, which can be tendered for individually or collectively.
The lots include:
- Multi-disciplinary Engineering (incl. civil engineering, mechanical and electrical engineering, project and programme management, asset management, architectural services)
- Multi-disciplinary Rail Engineering (incl. rail infrastructure, rolling stock and assets advice, stations, signalling & systems, power/electrification, telecoms)
- Building Services Engineering
- Fire & Safety Engineering
- Utilities Services
- Pumps, hydraulics & Drainage
- Earth Structures
- Geotechnical Engineering & Site Investigation
- Ground Investigations
- Topographical Surveys
- Engineering Business Management Consultancy Support
- Road tunnels, M&E and Systems
- Building Information Modelling
- Building Surveying and Condition Monitoring
- Buildings Control
- Bridges and Structures
- Buildings and Structures
- Marine Engineering
- Obsolescence Management
- Tunnelling Engineering
- Transport Architecture
- Non-Transport Architecture
- Commercial Architecture Support
- Urban Design
- Structural Engineering – Architectural Design
- Traffic Engineering Projects
- Engineering Skills and Support
- Ad Hoc Survey Procurement/Data Collection and Analysis
- Highways Engineering
- Traffic Control Engineering
- Traffic Signal Controller Configuration and Testing
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Road Safety Audit & Collision Investigation
- Provision of Arboricultural Technical Expertise
- Provision of Horticultural Technical Expertise
- Provision of ‘Built Green Infrastructure’ Technical Expertise
- Bus Design Engineering
- Bus Specialist Engineering Support
- Bus Specialist Investigation Support
- Rolling Stock Design Engineering
- Rolling Stock System Specialist Engineering Support
- Rolling Stock Specialist Investigation/Testing Support
- Depot Engineering, Plant and Equipment
- Transport System and Railway Development
- Incident Investigation
- Transportation Information, Security and Surveillance Systems
- Transport Control Systems Engineering
- Cyber Security Engineering
- Communications Engineering
- Systems Engineering Information Securities Engineering
- High Integrity Software Based Systems
- Simulation and Modelling
- System Safety Engineering
- R&R TCS Electronics
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Human Factors
- Reliability Availability Maintainability (RAM)
- Railborne and Non-railborne Equipment
- Track Configuration and Layout
- Signalling Installation, Testing and Maintenance Engineering
- Signal Design Engineering
- Power Engineering
The overarching strategic objectives of the new suite of Frameworks include higher quality service provision, reduced costs and greater value for money.
Interested suppliers need to express their interest via the procontract.due.north.com portal and submit the standard selection questionnaire (SSQ) by 26 July.
Cogitamus Limited is a public affairs and communications company specialising in the rail and wider transport sectors. We have a strong track record of assisting companies with their public sector tender submissions, helping to tailor tenders to the priorities and agendas of the client – including those not explicitly outlined in the tender documentation.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss how we can support your bid for this, or any other, tender.
m: 07887 723 226